28 September, 2007

Ketupat oh ketupat

Even though I was busy updating the blog, I was pleasantly surprise to have the energy and time to make a few small "ketupat", which I want to hang in my office. Since Hari Raya is coming soon, I want to put some deco in my office bah. Just like if you go out shopping nowadays, the supermarkets will play the Hari Raya songs in the background - to build up the Hari Raya mood. So, I want to build the same mood in the office.

Went to Hua Ho to get some ribbons. I was looking for the small ribbons because small ribbons would be nice to be made into ketupats. I have made ketupats with bigger ribbons before so this year, I want to make something different!! hehe..

close-up




In fact, my mind kept wandering as I was making the ketupats. I think I could make a ketupat with 4 ribbons.... well.... lets just wait and see if I could make it come true.... who knows it might as well be possible to use 4 ribbons bah... what do you think?

In the meantime, here are some of the ketupats i have made so far. Hmmm... I wonder if I could sell these at B$1.00 each? hehehehehee....




Do you think these are saleable?




...more ketupats...




thought of showing you all the size of the ketupat I made last year and compare it against the ones I made recently... ehehe.. isn't that big?




Updated on Saturday, 29/9/2007. For everyone info, the earlier ketupats I created use 2 ribbons only. So far, I have not tried using 4 different ribbons yet and I do not know if it is possible. However, I was determined to prove something this morning. After a few trials and wasted some ribbons because their lengths were too short, I eventually managed to make one. So, for the very first time, I show you here the ketupat created using 4 ribbons!! Mind you, creating this ketupat requires good imagination, focus, patience and lots of practice.




using 4-ribbons (red, yelow, green & purple)


No comments: