10 April, 2009

I Am Thankful

It was supposed to be a quiet day. Something which would just come and go quickly... True enough, Thursday came and I was busy with quite a number of meetings for the whole day. In fact, I spend about 7 hours in various meeting rooms on that day.

I received a number of birthday greetings from various sources throughout the day. Despite a busy day, I managed to spend some spare time to reply and respond to some of their greetings. Thank you everyone. May Allah bless all of you too.

In the evening, we had a quiet dinner, eating out at one of our regular restaurants. The food was excellent, perfect for the whole family. *Nanti tah post photos* Back at home, we continue with cutting of birthday cakes.

Friday was another busy day at the office because one of my staff had an MC. I have to take care of something important and urgent, which need my attention. After making a few phone calls to KL, I decided that the problem has to wait until Monday. Escalating the problem to USA was not possible because of our time difference. I was also told that today is Good Friday, which probably means most of US companies are already on long weekend.

Back to the birthday greetings, I continued to receive more greetings today.

As if my staff were not satisfied with their greetings, they also planned a surprise birthday cake. Late in the morning, while I was busy searching for phone numbers, I heard someone coming to my desk. I saw one of my staff holding a cake and all of sudden there was a whole group of friends and colleagues singing the birthday song. Haha... how embarrassing!...

Anyway, I am thankful and grateful to Allah for giving me a good family, a bunch of good friends and colleagues, the meaningful health I had now which reminded me of how ageing my body is.

I wished my family, friends and colleagues will continue to have good health and wealth. May Allah bless you all. Amin!

No comments: