20 December, 2007

Grand Hyatt Muscat Oman

As I said in my previous post, my flight to Oman via Doha started from Kuala Lumpur at around 4.00 in the morning. Together with a newlyfound friend, a Malaysian who was on the way to Sudan, we boarded Qatar Airways (Al-Qatar) and I settled comfortably in my seat next to him. Yes, it was very comfortable because I could adjust the seat into a nice bed. I was so tired and slept most of the way from Kuala Lumpur to Doha.

It was an 8-hour flight from KL to Doha. As soon as I woke up, it was still early in the morning and most of the people were still sleeping. That was good because it meant I could spend more time at the washroom, without worrying someone waiting outside. About 15 minutes later, breakfast was served. Arrived Doha at around 7.00 in the morning. Boarded a bus, which took us to the arrival & transfer hall. As soon as we reached the transfer hall, I rushed to another gate for my next flight at 7.50am from Doha to Muscat. Bid farewell to my Malaysian friend and we went our separate ways.

Doha to Muscat was a short 1-hour flight using Qatar Airways.

Arrived safely at Muscat. I was pleasantly surprised to see some of the Bruneians working in Oman waiting for me at the arrival hall. The first person I met was Hajah Florinda (Haji Ismail's wife). Also present was Mohd Jair Japar and Norhasnida, both working in PDO Oman. Unfortunately, the handphone did not have any signal at the airport and I could not contact my actual host. After searching and asking around, we finally found Mr Ravi - the person who was supposed to take care of us while in Oman - and the 2 drivers from the Grand Hyatt Hotel. Mr Ravi told me that he actually saw me coming out of the arrival hall and as he was about to approach me he became confused when another person greeted me instead.

Then, we waited for another 30 minutes for the arrival of another flight from Dubai, which carried my other 3 colleagues from Brunei. Mr Yong came out first followed by Dr Peter. Yati came out last and it was because her baggage was lost in transit.

In Muscat, we stayed at the prestigious Grand Hyatt Hotel. It was a grand hotel almost similar to Brunei's own The Empire Hotel and Country Club.

The Grand Hyatt Hotel in Muscat...




View at the Poolside...




Another view of the poolside...




The view of the beach from the balcony in my room ...




The view of the poolside from the balcony...




The dining area...




The view of the other wing of the hotel from the balcony...




The poolside view




Me at Grand Hyatt Hotel


No comments: